Welcome, fellow traveler. I am the Northwest Nomad. My passion is exploring the spectacular region known as the Pacific Northeast, sharing my stories with others, and (in my wildest dreams) inspiring others to do the same. We live on a truly wondrous planet, and I believe that living every day with our eyes wide open to the beauty is a crucial element in a happy, satisfied life.
Travel is wonder, and wonder is free. Read this blog and you’ll figure out what I mean by that. Ignore it, and die in desperation and despair (probably not really, but that sounds terrible and dramatic, doesn’t it?).
The Pacific Northwest is one of the most spectacular regions in the United States, offering endless opportunities for adventure and discovery. For over a decade, my passion has been exploring those opportunities. Through sheer curiosity I became something of a Northwest travel expert, and I created this website in order to help others find the same wonder that I have.
Useful information you’ll find here includes:
- Travel guides to Pacific Northwest destinations.
- Budget travel tips.
- Unbiased experiential reviews of Pacific Northwest lodging and restaurants. I don’t take sponsorships from any of the places I write about. If that ever changes, I will be sure to note it at the start of the post.
- Camping and hiking tips specific to this region.
- Conversations with Pacific Northwestern insiders and interesting people I meet along the trail.
- Unbiased reviews of travel and outdoor gear.
- Stories of Pacific Northwest history and culture.
- Inspirational essays and stories examining the magic of travel.
Northwest Nomad is for all Pacific Northwest travelers, but my wildest dream upon starting this site is to inspire someone out there who wants to get out and explore but needs that last little nudge to actually do it.
It’s a gift to get to experience this beautiful world we live in, and wonder is the way we praise the gift.
That’s how I feel, anyway. Maybe you agree.
Regardless, welcome to Northwest Nomad. I hope you find this place useful.